SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. – Eight All-Star teams consisting of 10 junior golfers will compete in the 6th PGA Jr. League Championship presented by National Car Rental, Aug. 16-19, at Grayhawk Golf Club in Scottsdale, Arizona. Each team will compete against the three other teams in their division Friday and Saturday (Nov. 17-18). The two teams with the best record from each division will compete for the national title.
Below are the eight Regional Champions and their Captains, which includes the regular season golf facilities of each All-Star team:
- Northeast: Team New Hampshire – All players are from Atkinson (New Hampshire) Resort & Country Club; Captained by Peter Doherty, PGA
- West: Team California – All players are from Santa Teresa Golf Club (San Jose, California); Captained by Terry Sullivan, PGA
- Southeast: Team Georgia – All players are from TPC Sugarloaf (Duluth, Georgia); Captained by Patrick McCrary, PGA Apprentice
- Mideast: Team Ohio* – All players are from Mallard Creek Golf Club (Columbia Station, Ohio); Captained by Jim Wise, PGA
- Midwest: Team Illinois* – All players are from Cog Hill Golf & Country Club (Lemont, Illinois); Captained by Kevin Weeks, PGA
- Mid Atlantic: Team New Jersey* – All players are from Royce Brook Golf Club (Hillsborough, New Jersey); Captained by Anthony Latham, PGA
- Mississippi Valley: Team Arkansas – Players are from Hot Springs (Arkansas) Country Club; Pleasant Valley Country Club (Little Rock, Arkansas); The Country Club of Little Rock; Maumelle (Arkansas) Country Club; and Pine Bluff (Arkansas) Country Club; Captained by Barry Howard, PGA, of Hot Springs Country Club
- Southwest: Team Texas – All players are from Axis Golf Academy (Montgomery, Texas); Captained by EJ Kim, PGA
*Denotes team who competed in 2016 Championship
"The PGA of America is delighted to bring the PGA Jr. League Championship presented by National Car Rental back to the beautiful Southwest and Grayhawk Golf Club," said PGA President Paul Levy. "Each year, participation in PGA Jr. League continues to grow significantly, along with our mission to connect boys and girls with the game in a fun and recreational environment."
PGA Jr. League is one of the game’s fastest growing programs. This year, a record of 42,000 boys and girls participated on 3,400 PGA Jr. League teams – surpassing the 36,000 participants on 2,900 teams in 2016 – and they were led by 2,200 PGA and LPGA Professionals who served as Captains. Superstars Rory McIlroy, Rickie Fowler, Michelle Wie and Lexi Thompson serve as Official PGA Jr. League Ambassadors.
For more information about PGA Jr. League, visit PGAJLG.com.
The server encountered an error processing the request.