Get Golf Ready is a proven introductory program to create customers for your facility.
However, the customer relationship should never end after the first 5 sessions and exchange of $99. To really create customers for your facility, you need to proactively communicate with your students, invite them to return to the facility and provide meaningful next-step programming for them to participate in. Above all, ensure the student feels welcome and comfortable in their return.
Some ideas for next step programming include:
- Get Golf Ready 2 & 3
- Get Golf Ready & Beginner Leagues
- Discounted Golf Offerings
- 9 & Dines, Golf Happy Hours, etc.
Below you'll find some suggested best-practices and thought starters for retaining new customers for your facility.
- Create a friendly, welcoming, community environment.
- Email, call and reach out to students – share participant lists with your students so they can keep playing with students from class or students with similar abilities.
MAKE IT FUN, EASY AND AFFORDABLE FOR STUDENTS TO WANT TO KEEP PLAYING
- Give loyalty cards to get students coming back. Invite students to bring a friend to play in outings and leagues.
- Incentivize your instructors based on students coming back to play.
- Encourage students use tee markers best suited to their ability or utilize a non-traditional course setup (ie: teeing off from the 150-yard marker).
- Consider offering special pricing to encourage students to return to play and practice. (i.e., may offer pricing based on the number of holes played or promotions for range balls).
- Share the “It’s Okay” Hints that give students permission to HAVE FUN!
- Share the “Ready Golf” Hints that give students suggestions on how to be ready to play when it’s their turn and keep play moving along.
STRUCTURED PLAYING OPPORTUNITIES
- Provide an on‐going playing experience that includes once or twice a week outings for 12 to 20 weeks.
- Host beginner leagues and promote “beginner‐friendly” times on your tee sheets.
- Use scramble format and have students play 3, 6 or 9‐holes.
- Schedule a “Play with the Pro” best ball or alternate shot format, where students are able to learn from the on‐course playing experience with golf professionals and/or mentors.
- Have students start in a shotgun format and play for a stipulated number of minutes. Improvements can be measured by how many holes they play.
These are just a few ways to create lasting customers from your new Get Golf Ready student.
The server encountered an error processing the request.