Welcome to the May PGA Jr. League Captain newsletter! Whether your season is just getting started or you are winding down, we want to know how PGA Jr. League has been a #gamechanger for you, your players and their families, and your facility this year. Share your photos, videos, and favorite moments by tagging @pgajrleague and #gamechanger on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!
Welcome EPEC Golf as a "Proud Supporter" of PGA Jr. League!
EPEC is premium fitted upgradeable golf equipment that grows with young golfers. Instead of replacing entire sets as kids grow, EPEC reshafts and regrips clubs at a fraction of the price. Iron heads have replaceable weights that keep irons properly weighted as well.
EPEC’s innovative OPI retail model allows golf professionals to sell the entire line with zero investment in inventory. To learn more, go to epecgolf.com.
If you are interested in opening up an EPEC Golf account and ordering EPEC clubs for your team, contact EPEC Golf's VP of Sales, Chris Reh, directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take Advantage of the Online Store
Have you shared your unique online store link with your teams yet? Remember, Captains receive 35% of all gross sales revenues for apparel and headwear, and 30% of all accessory revenues from the items offered online.
Shopping the store is easy! You can provide your PGA Jr. League families with your unique link or simply send them these quick steps:
- Go to PGAJrLeague.com and click SHOP on the top navigation bar
- Enter your team’s registered facility or Captain name into the search box and click submit
- Click VISIT STORE to bring you to your team’s home store page and purchase apparel and accessories for the entire family
Captains Making a Difference
Watch the inspirational story of how PGA Jr. League Captain Chuck Higgins, PGA, and his fellow Coaches helped 10-year-old Aaron overcome difficulties with general anxiety disorder and social communication disorder.
In case you didn’t receive the email May 17 regarding the new PGA Jr. League Postseason presented by National Car Rental, below are helpful resources to check out:
- PGA Jr. League Postseason presented by National Car Rental website
- Conditions of Play
- Section Qualifier Rules Addendum
- Section Championship and Regional schedule
Quote of the Month
PGA Jr. League scholarships have the power to make a difference in a child's life. Through PGA REACH’s partnership with DICK’S Sporting Goods Foundation Sports Matter grant, players who qualify for financial assistance or are from a military family are eligible for a PGA Jr. League scholarship. Local Captains are in charge of scholarship application efforts for their teams. Click here for more information and next steps.
We know that approximately 80% of PGA Jr. League players are beginner or recreational golfers, and the other 20% are competitive golfers. At the very core of PGA Jr. League is its ability to accommodate golfers of all skill levels. Tell us: what do you do to achieve that balance in your program? Click here to read more on why fun and competition are NOT mutually exclusive in sports.
A Note from our Team
We hope everyone is enjoying the new jerseys and team kit items! We have loved seeing the fun team names you have chosen. Adding a unique team name helps your program standout, and it provides you with another opportunity to market and promote your PGA Jr. League program.
Speaking of marketing: if your season hasn't yet started and you are still in the process of recruiting kids, we highly recommend taking advantage of the resources available to you in the Captain Marketing Toolkit, which you can download by clicking HERE.
Enjoy the season!
Director, League Golf
PGA of America
The server encountered an error processing the request.