Every applicant (except exempt applicants) must go through a two-stage process as follows to compete in the PGA Professional Championship.
- Enter and compete in your Section PGA Professional Championship. See “Section Dates, Sites & Entry Fees” below for your Section’s specific information.
- A pre-determined number of top finishers from each Section, plus exempt players, will then advance to the 2019 PGA Professional Championship scheduled to be played April 28-May 1, 2019 (Sunday through Wednesday) at Belfair (West and East courses) in Bluffton, South Carolina. An additional $100 entry fee will be required to enter the PGA Professional Championship and a separate eligibility deadline must also be met.
All members who wish to play in the 2019 PGA Professional Championship, and/or the 2019 PGA Championship (both of which will have an eligibility deadline you must meet) must first enter their respective 2018 Section PGA Professional Championship (unless exemption status applies). Providing all eligibility requirements are met, exemptions are as follows:
- Former Champions through 1996 have a lifetime exemption. Former Champions beginning in 1997 forward are exempt into the national Championship until he/she reaches the age of 60 or for a minimum of 10 years from such victory, whichever is the later
- Top 20 plus ties in the 2018 PGA Professional Championship
- The 2018 Assistant PGA Professional Champion
- 2018 Senior PGA Professional Champion
- 2018 PGA Professional Player of the Year
- 2018 Senior PGA Professional Player of the Year
- All players making the cut in the 2018 PGA Championship
Exempt players have the option, but are not required, to play in their Section PGA Professional Championship provided entries are made prior to the deadline and eligibility is met.
Eligibility is limited to PGA Members who meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be eligibly employed, in good standing and classified in one of the following active membership classifications at the time of entry and their Section’s entry deadline date. The PGA of America headquarters records must reflect this status at time of entry and as of their Section’s entry deadline date.
|*MP Master Professional||A-14 - Director of Instruction at a PGA Recognized Facility|
|A-1 - Head Professional at a PGA Recognized Golf Course||A-15 - Retail|
|A-2 - Head Professional at a PGA Recognized Golf Range||A-16 - Golf Course Architect/Builder|
|A-4 - Director of Golf at PGA Recognized Golf Facilities||A-17 - Golf Course Superintendent|
|*A-5 - Past Presidents of the Association||A-18 - Golf Media|
|A-6 - Golf Instructor at a PGA Recognized Facility||A-19 - Golf Manufacturer Management|
|A-7 - Head Professional at a PGA Recognized Facility Under Construction||A-20 - Golf Manufacture Sales Representative|
|A-8 - Assistant Golf Professional at a PGA Recognized Facility||A-21 - Tournament Coordinator/Director for Organizations, Businesses or Associations|
|A-9 Employed in Professional Positions in Management, Development, Ownership Operation and/or Financing of Facilities||A-22 - Rules Official|
|A-10 - Golf Clinician||A-23 - Club Fitting/Club Repair|
|A-11 - Golf Administrator||A-24 - PGA Members primarily employed within the golf industry who are not eligible for another Active classification|
|A-12 - College or University Golf Coach||LMA - Life Member Active|
|A-13 - General Manager||LMMA - Life Member Master Professional Active|
- Must not have played in more than ten (10) combined Adams Pro Tour (APT), Asian Tour, Australia/New Zealand Tour, Dakotas Tour, European Challenge Tour, European Senior Tour, European Tour, JPGA Senior Tour, JPGA Tour, Ladies European Tour (LET), Symetra Tour (LPGA), LPGA Tour, Mackenzie Tour – Canada, PGA Tour, PGA Tour Champions, PGA Tour – China, PGA Tour – LatinoAmerica, SwingThought Tour, The Safari Tour, The Sunshine Tour, web.com Tour tournaments. The U.S. Open, U.S. Senior Open, U.S. Women’s Open, PGA Championship, KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship and KPMG Women’s PGA Championship are not included in the 10-tournament count.
PGA Tournament Corporation, Inc., reserves the right to determine whether or not any player meets eligibility and to reject any player who does not meet these requirements.
The PGA member will not be eligible to participate if:
a) the member is serving a suspension from membership;
b) the member is suspended from tournament participation for National tournaments; or
c) the member is classified as Class F, Inactive, A-3, Retired Member, Life Member Century or Honorary.
To enter your Section PGA Professional Championship, each player may enter online at PGA.org (see below) or call 800.474.2776, beginning June 6, 2018. If you enter by telephone, please ask for a confirmation number or if you enter online, please print your confirmation. A confirmation will be emailed to the current address in your membership file. American Express, MasterCard, or Visa will be accepted for payment. Please be prepared to provide the following information when entering:
- PGA membership number;
- Name, city and state (as you wish it to appear on starting times, scoreboard, etc.);
- Corporation information (if applicable). If prize money is to be paid to a corporation, you must provide the name of the corporation and its federal identification number;
- Number of (must not have played in more than ten (10) combined) Adams Pro Tour (APT), Asian Tour, Australia/New Zealand Tour, Dakotas Tour, European Challenge Tour, European Senior Tour, European Tour, JPGA Senior Tour, JPGA Tour, Ladies European Tour (LET), Symetra Tour (LPGA), LPGA Tour, Mackenzie Tour – Canada, PGA Tour, PGA Tour Champions, PGA Tour – China, PGA Tour – LatinoAmerica, SwingThought Tour, The Safari Tour, The Sunshine Tour, web.com Tour tournaments. The U.S. Open, U.S. Senior Open, U.S. Women’s Open, PGA Championship, KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship and KPMG Women’s PGA Championship are not included in the 10-tournament count.
Section entry fee is $110 (although Sections may set additional fees to add to the purse or to cover expenses related to playing the Championship). Your Section’s specific information is as follows. The registration deadline is 11:59 p.m. local time on the date noted below.
|Section||Championship Dates||Register Here / Deadline Date||Site||Entry Fee|
|Alabama-NW Florida||Sept. 10-11||Sept. 5||Pensacola Country Club||$250|
|Aloha||Sept. 10-11||Aug. 29||Kapolei Golf Course||$300|
|Carolinas||Aug. 27-29||July 18||Sea Pines Resort||$290|
|Central New York||Aug. 20-21||Aug. 8||Seven Oaks Golf Club||$200|
|Colorado||Sept. 10-12||Aug. 22||TPC Colorado||$250|
|Connecticut||Oct. 1-2||Sept. 19||Tumble Brook Country Club||$325|
|Gateway||Aug. 20-21||Aug. 15||Winghaven Country Club||$160|
|Georgia||Oct. 15-16||Oct. 10||Barnsley Gardens Resort||$185|
|Gulf States||Aug. 13-14||Aug. 8||Fallen Oak||$200|
|Illinois||Aug. 27-29||Aug. 15||Stonewall Orchard Golf Club||$295|
|Indiana||Aug. 27-28||Aug. 22||The Bridgewater Club (Carmel)||$220|
|Iowa||July 23-24||July 11||Glen Oaks Country Club||$260|
|Kentucky||Sept. 17-18||Sept. 12||Kearney Hill Golf Links||$195|
|Metropolitan||Sept. 17-19||Sept. 5||Golf Club of Purchase (Sept. 17)
Old Oaks Country Club (Sept. 18)
Paramount Country Club (Sept. 19)
|Michigan||Aug. 20-22||Aug. 8||Flint Golf Club||$235|
|Middle Atlantic||Sept. 24-26||Aug. 29||Baltimore Country Club – East & West Courses||$285|
|Midwest||Aug. 13-14||Aug. 8||Firekeeper Golf Course||$200|
|Minnesota||Aug. 27-28||Aug. 15||Woodhill Country Club||$250|
|Nebraska||July 30-31||July 25||ArborLinks||$185|
|New England||Aug. 20-22||Aug. 1||Quidnessett Country Club & Warwick Country Club||$300|
|New Jersey||Sept. 24-25||Sept. 18||Crestmont Country Club||$275|
|North Florida||July 23-24||July 18||Hammock Beach Resort – Ocean Course||$230|
|Northeastern New York||Sept. 11-12||Sept. 5||Saratoga Spa Golf||$110|
|Northern California||Aug. 27-28||Aug. 22||Lake Merced Golf Club||$250|
|Northern Ohio||Aug. 27-29||Aug. 22||Chagrin Valley Country Club||$195|
|Northern Texas||Aug. 20-21||Aug. 15||The Lakes at Castle Hills||$225|
|Pacific Northwest||Sept. 18-20||Sept. 5||Meadow Springs Country Club||$350|
|Philadelphia||Sept. 18-20||Aug. 22||Concord Country Club & Whitford Country Club||$265|
|Rocky Mountain||Aug. 28-29||Aug. 22||Huntsman Springs||$225|
|South Central||Aug. 20-21||Aug. 15||Jimmie Austin Golf Club||$125|
|South Florida||Sept. 25-27||Sept. 19||The Club at Mediterra||$268|
|Southern California||Sept. 10-12||Aug. 22||La Quinta Country Club & Rancho La Quinta Country Club||$275|
|Southern Ohio||Aug. 20-21||Aug. 15||Miami Valley Golf Club||$195|
|Southern Texas||Aug. 27-29||Aug. 22||Victoria Country Club||$260|
|Southwest||Aug. 6-8||Aug. 1||Superstition Mountain Golf & Country Club – Prospector Course||$275|
|Sun Country||Aug. 13-14||Aug. 8||Twin Warriors Golf Club||$210|
|Tennessee||June 25-27||June 20||Holston Hills Country Club||$325|
|Tri-State||Aug. 20-21||Aug. 8||Sewickley Heights Golf Club||$200|
|Utah||Sept. 18-19||Sept. 12||Toana Vista Golf Course||$210|
|Western New York||Aug. 20-21||Aug. 8||Peek’N Peak Resort||$140|
|Wisconsin||Sept. 10-11||Aug. 29||The Legend at Merrill Hills||$260|
The server encountered an error processing the request.