Looking to build your career in golf? Become a PGA Professional.
In order to become a PGA Member, you'll first need to become a registered Associate and go through the PGA Professional Golf Management (PGA PGM) Program. Click here to learn about the courses and levels you'll need to go through.
To register into the PGA PGM Program, you must:
1. All individuals registering or re-registering as an associate must complete a Background Check. To complete the Background Check, click here.
(If you have been convicted of a felony, misdemeanor or equivalent, you should submit documentation to the PGA Membership Department to determine your eligibility for PGA Membership prior to proceeding. Per the PGA Code of Ethics, certain transgressions are cause for permanent preclusion to PGA Membership.)
2. Access the Qualifying Level Courses on the PGA Education Portal and pass the Qualifying Test. Click here for further details.
3. Satisfy the PAT requirement. For information click here.
PLEASE NOTE: You are encouraged to verify the expiration dates for the Qualifying Level Courses and the PAT requirement. These expiration dates are noted in the above links.
4. Meet the Eligible Employment requirements described:
- Individuals shall be eligibly employed in one of the following classifications.
- You must be full-time eligibly employed at the time of registration.
- Participation in an amateur event will forfeit all work experience credits earned prior to the event.
5. An associate registration form verifying employment must be signed and submitted by you. Download the registration form.
6. Pay all fees.
7. Acceptable Progress in the PGA PGM Program is defined by the successful completion of each Level and matriculation into the subsequent Level.
- Level 1 must be successfully completed within two years of the Level 1 Start Date
- Level 2 must be successfully completed within two years of the Level 2 Start Date
- Level 3 and election to PGA Membership must be successfully accomplished within eight years of the Level 1 Start Date
Associates have eight years from their Level 1 Start Date to graduate from the PGA PGM Program, meet all election requirements and become elected to PGA Membership. Failure to complete Level 1 or 2 within two years of the Level’s start date will result in suspension. Failure to complete Level 1 or 2 within four years of the Level’s start date will result in termination from the PGA PGM Program.
8. Have a high school diploma or be at least 18 years of age and have the equivalent of a high school education. You are eligible for educational credits toward PGA Membership with a college degree.
9. Please contact one of the following companies to submit your diploma, certificate or degree if your education was completed in a country other than the United States of America:
Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
7101 SW 102 Avenue
Miami, FL 33173
Phone: (305) 273-1616
Fax: (305) 273-1338
Translation Fax: (305) 273-1984
World Education Services, Inc.
Attention: Documentation Center
P.O. Box 5087
Bowling Green Station
New York, NY 10274-5087
Phone: (212) 966-6311
Fax: (212) 739-6100
10. An individual must be either a U.S. Citizen, resident alien or temporary resident alien to be elected to PGA Membership.
11. A total of 30 work experience credits must be earned in addition to fulfilling the PGA PGM Program. (One credit per month while eligibly employed full time.) 12 credits are awarded for a four year college degree and six credits for a two year college degree.
Amateur Status: Work experience earned prior to participating in an amateur event will be forfeited.
Note: All applicants are required to read and write in English to successfully complete the PGA Professional Golf Management Program.
If you have any questions concerning this information or requirements to become a PGA Member, call PGA Membership Services at (800) 474-2776.
The server encountered an error processing the request.