The PGA of America exists to serve our members and grow the game.
A Shared Commitment to the Member
- Interaction with other members and pros
- Local seminars and tours
- Career services at section level
- Local coaching and player growth
- Championships and events
- Career services
- Coaching and player development
- Membership services
- Diversity inclusion
Strategic Vision and Operating Criteria
We will be defined by:
Our constant pursuit of excellence and innovation
Our culture of teamwork and collaboration
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Protect and enhance the PGA brand.
- Engage and support our Members.
- Develop and retain golfers, promote the game and make it more fun.
- Position the PGA of America and our Members as leaders in golf coaching, business operations and general management.
- Develop national and global growth and influence.
- Strengthen the perception of the PGA of America and our Members as the tangible connection between the game and all that play.
Measuring Our Performance
- Member Satisfaction (Net Promoter Score)
- Unemployment and under-employment rates
- PGA Professional Compensation Trends
- Facility Penetration Rates
Growing the Game and Making a Difference in Opportunities Available in the Game
- Rounds Played
- Participation Trends – beginner, occasional, core, youth, non-traditional
- Golfer Spends
Diversity & Accessibility in the Game
- Golfers – female, minority, other
- Professionals – female, minority, other
- Leadership/Staff – female, minority, other
Public Perception of PGA and Members
- Golfer – Role related to instruction, business and championships
- Employer – Value of PGA Professional to health of business
Breadth & Scope of PGA and Member Influence
- Percentage of golfers seek a PGA Professional for instruction
- Value consumer places on PGA Professional related to facility
- Media value associated with PSAs, PR and Championships