Helping You Get Back2Golf
As golf facilities begin re-opening, it is vital that we do so in a responsible manner that protects the entire golf community. In collaboration with our Allied Golf Organizations and in alignment with the Center for Disease Control (CDC), we have developed a comprehensive plan that allows golf to be played while observing recommended social distancing guidelines.
This action plan, broken into three phases, can be implemented on a statewide or county-by-county basis. Our industry understands there are various restrictions in different parts of the country and emphasize that all should be adhering to state and local guidelines to ensure our sport comes back in a healthy way.
- For details on how you and your facility can responsibly get Back2Golf, while adhering to state and local guidelines, please click here.
- To view the Back2Golf Guidelines for Opening Up Golf (last updated May 18, 2020), presented by the Allied Golf Organizations, click here.
- To download a PDF of the Operations Playbook Version 5.0 last updated on November 20, 2020, click here. This version includes the addition of PGA Jr. League guidelines and changes to Phase 2 including golf maintenance, payment/cash handling, cart operations including modified shotgun starts, club storage and golf events.
- To download the 30-second Back2Golf PSA for your facility website and social media channels, click here.
- To download the 30-second Back2Golf Invitation video, click here.
- To listen to a Back2Golf message from Bob Ford, Head Golf Professional and General Manager at Seminole Golf Club, click here.
Continue to encourage responsible golf and print out these Back2Golf Social Distancing Guidelines posters for your facility. These can be displayed in the golf shop, locker room, first tee, clubhouse, on golf carts or wherever appropriate.
- Click here to download 4.5’’ x 5.5’’ golf cart signs.
- Click here to download 8.5’’ x 11’’ horizontal posters.
- Click here to download 8.5’’ x 11’’ vertical posters.
Click here to download 8.5'' x 14'' horizontal posters.
Click here to download 8.5'' x 14'' vertical posters.
Resources For You
Our job at the PGA of America is to guide you on making responsible decisions in the middle of this unprecedented time. We are here to provide you with golf best practices, trusted resources and communication updates from association leaders that are pertinent to our valued PGA Members.
- Federal Resources for You
- Golf Emergency Relief Fund
- Best Practices for Golf
- PGA Member Specific Programs
- Additional Articles and Resources
- Timeline of Events in Golf
Because government restrictions are changing daily, it is also paramount that you stay current with the Center for Disease Control and Prevention and your state and local health officials’ guidance. You can find state health department information about the coronavirus here.
Your Safety Matters
We must do our part to help stop the spread of this global pandemic. As you know, a number of facilities have been required to close based on mandates from state and/or local officials. We need to be prepared for golf to be a viable source of outdoor recreation for as long as possible. For the safety of you, your staff and your customers, here are guidelines you can follow to prevent the spread of COVID-19.