PGA Coach Resources
This page is dedicated to resources that might be of help for PGA Coaches during this time. Learn more about how to help your business and your community during COVID-19 and beyond.
- The new Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) will help small businesses keep their workforce employed during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis. As of April 3, 2020, small business owners could start applying for funding and independent contractors and self-employed individuals could start applying on Friday, April 10, 2020. For more details and how to apply for the PPP, please click here.
- If you are a teaching professional who has your business set up as an S-Corp, there is assistance available to you. Click here to learn more.
- If you are a PGA Professional who is an independent contractor, there are steps you should take to benefit from all of the stimulus and legislation that’s come through. Click here to learn more.
- PGA.Coach recently hosted a webinar for American Development Model (ADM) Certified Coaches to learn more about how to engage and stay connected with the community during COVID-19. Ian James, CEO and Founder of Retail Tribe, spoke about how building online relationships will not only help you NOW but pay dividends later. You can listen to this webinar by clicking here.
- If you are a PGA Professional looking to take advantage of the downtime you may have amidst COVID-19, completing your PGA.Coach training here is the perfect place to start. This training will provide you with the knowledge and digital resources you need to adapt to changes in the game and build relationships with your players beyond the golf course.
Online Coaching Companies
During this stay-at-home time period, we’ve created a set of links for coaching tools, resources and opportunities. Some of these are sourced from PGA Professionals and some from solution providers. Our hope is this list of resources provides connection now and opportunities for ongoing engagement down the road.
- Ikonik is an online platform built for golf coaches to deliver effective training for their students.
- ThrivSports, free of charge right now, is your source for game improvement to browse local coaches, dabble in some great instruction and track your progress 24/7.
- Junior Golf Hub can give PGA Professionals a way to track and develop their at-home business by tracking their players and uploading their own videos to support their members or clients.
- Operation 36 is providing complimentary consulting to all golf professionals who need assistance with navigating their golf programs in the coming weeks. For those interested in Complimentary Consulting, you can book a session here.
- GOLFFOREVER is an app-based program by Justin Leonard and pain specialist Dr. Jeremy James to help you improve flexibility, mobility and strength at home, in the gym or at the course. PGA Professionals can click here to for a one-month free trial.
PGA Partner Programs
- As we continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic, we want to share some information with you from our partners as it relates to tips for cleaning golf carts, online education opportunities and more. Many of our partners have expanded their education opportunities during this time to assist in continuing education. Click here to learn more.
- Engage with fellow coaches about what they are doing to improve their coaching skills during this time by joining the PGA Coach Community on Facebook here. Here you will also find helpful articles that take a deeper look at applied principles of PGA.Coach and the American Development Model.